A plaque in front of this house indicates that it was liberated by the soldiers of The Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada,
on 6 June 1944. The troops suffered heavy losses in this place.
The town was liberated by The Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada on the 6th of June, 1944 along with the Le Régiment de la Chaudière,
a French Canadian infantry unit as part of the leading assault wave of D-Day Operation Overlord which began the liberation of
France in World War II.
1944 Photo: Library and Canadian Archives - NOW Photo: Vincent van Rijn
Visited 991 times, 4 Visits today