The observation bunker was built in november 1943 and was been used to be a observation post and a
command post aswell. Initially the officers had been lodged in a farm near the access road that leads to the
pointe du Hoc there. And obviously with the bombardments, more and more, they decided to set up the
command post within the observation bunker. In all, there were nine Germans soldiers in here.
1944 Photo: US ARCHIVES / US SIGNAL CORPS - NOW Photo: VINCENT VAN RIJN
Visited 3205 times, 4 Visits today